Monday, August 18, 2008

Awesome pie!




Bub and Daddy sharing the last piece...nicely! (Bub isn't grubbing it...unbelievable)

(click the title for a link to the recipe)

Seriously...
Make this pie...even if you aren't vegan or gfcf....it is that freaking good....seriously.

It is so easy & it is a non-bake pie.

If you want it to be GFCF here are my very SLIGHT alterations to the recipe....

"graham cracker crust"
1/2 c. melted vegan margarine..make SURE it has the parve kosher sign on it.
2 c. ground "Envirokids" cereal, I used the chocolate krispy kind, but I think the peanut butter
panda kind would also be nummy.
Mix together, press into pie plate and bake 8 min at 350.

continue w/ recipe

I used tropical Source semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe, but enjoy life semi-sweet mini-chips would work to. I don't know of any other chocolate I can use that has absolutely no dairy in it.

(This is the bar of chocolate almond...don't have a pic of the chips yet tho)

As for the pretzels...I dipped my gluten-free ener-g pretzels in melted choco, which proved very nummy!


EVERYONE loved this pie...me, Dorlaine, Joe, bub, Great grandma Louise, And (drum roll), Ken.
Of course, Dorlaine advised me not to promote the fact that tofu is the main ingredient of this pie...

I am making 2 of these for the next church potluck, that's how good this is!

Nubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...