Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's day encounter

Landon- happy 5th day of life.

My prayers go to your momma, she's not out of the woods, from what you're daddy told me, it sounds like your momma was going thru pre-eclampsia and is not out of the woods yet.

Rewind.  I went to the EZ mart around 1 or 2 am to get some gas and crackers on my break.  the guy working had just stepped outside when I pulled up.  since I was paying cash I got out of my car and started walking to the store.  he started to put out his cigarette,  I told him not to, that I know the store policy won't let him stay outside to smoke if a customer goes inside, so I'd just wait for him to have a smoke cuz I know they don't get many chances during the night as they are the only 24-hr joint in town.  He wished me a happy mother's day and told me that he just became a dad 3 days ago.
prolly cuz I was wearing my "charge nurse" name tag on (that and everyone at work goes there at least once a week) he started telling me the tale of the health problems his wife is enduring after the birth of their son.  I felt really bad for him.  here he is a new dad, his son & wife are in the hospital w/ complications, and he isn't on paternity leave or anything, just working and getting calls from the nurses at the hospital to give him updates on his family.
I'm really glad I didn't make him put out his cigarette.  he REALLY needed it.


I'm really thankful for my kids and that Joe was able to take time off after each of them were born. 
I really hope Landon and his momma get to come home soon.



Nubs

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...