Friday, September 26, 2008

crow pie

After being chastized by my big-little bro for mentioning that I miss Dawn's blogging updates, I realized I had been somewhat neglectful of my own...so I had better put something up PDQ (or since I have to use medical abbreviations...."STAT and prn")

Well, I'm still sitting w/ a high B average that the OCD part of me is very unhappy with, but the realistic part of me (the part that actually wants more than 4 hours of sleep a night) is QUITE happy with.

I got invited to join Phi Theta Kappa, the 2-yr college version of Phi Beta Kappa...so I s/b pretty darn happy that I'm getting a B and retaining my sleep and sanity.

I realized that doing my reading via computer is NOT a good fit for me. I am not able to read as quickly and I don't retain as much as when I use my actual book. However, I do VERY well taking notes in class ON my computer, since I can type fast, have good accuracy, and don't need to look at my fingers now that I am used to typing on a smaller than standard keyboard
(Boy am I GLAD I never liked having long fingernails)

Because of HIPPA laws, I am not able to write or talk about my actual clinical experience, and no I will not make exceptions because I really don't like the idea of being fined outrageous amounts of money and possible criminal consequences...so I will just say, I felt silly....I felt like I didn't do enough, I felt like I should have taken more charge and did less pussy-footing...but I was nervous, and I didn't want to be too intrusive.
Then while reflecting on the experience as I did my HOUR DRIVE BACK TO SCHOOL *huff* I decided that if I am afraid of being intrusive, I need to get over it, cuz if I'm not being "intrusive" I could end up really hurting someone thru lack of care or negligence, so I HAVE to get over it.
What's really hard for me, is that I am not a very good chit-chatter-er, so I have to get better at that to help me create a level comfort and trust, esp if I'm going to be doing a lot of ...well, what I had to do.... use your imagination. :p

Well, back to studying for my Monday test. (yes, there is a major test EVERY monday)

Loves to all! Neebs!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...