Thursday, October 05, 2006

hummies!!!


Last Saturday, Grandma and I were talking about how I wanted to get a humming bird feeder next spring, but I was worried about where to put it because one of my nieces is allergic to wasps, and hummingbird feeder can attract those buggers too. well she decided to surprise me on Sunday & get one! Grandpa put it up just outside bub's room- I didn't think we would see any hummingbirds for at least a week. Boy was I wrong! They were zip-a-dee-doo-dah-ing over within an hour. Mr.Man hadn't noticed the hummies visiting until today. we were sittin' on the floor in his room playing with "legos" and a little one zipped by just as Bub looked out the window. He just froze & watched until it flew away. Then he ran over to the window & climbed in to find out where it went. Of course I have to laugh. :p

had to fiddle with the photo's so you can see the hummies. I don't know what kind of hummingbird this is, it is brown with a shimmery green back...after they eat, the fly to the tree in the background & scratch their head just like a parakeet does! when they stop moving, they look like a leaf & you lose sight of them when you blink.

Have a great afternoon all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...