Thursday, March 31, 2011

random thoughts before bed

I frequently have random thoughts which I share w/ whoever is in the closest proximity of me...usually it's Joe, but others have entered the "Nina-Zone" and go thru the typical shaking of head at me mode....it's kinda funny (for me anyway)

So I have a few, here goes...

I get REALLY pissed off at the corn sugar commercials.  HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP(55+% fructose & 45-% glucose) IS NOT PROCESSED BY YOUR BODY THE SAME AS CANE SUGAR (SUCROSE - which is a 50/50 split of fructose and glucose)!!!!!  I GET REALLY PISSED OFF AT THAT COMMERCIAL!

from Wikipedia..  (you can skip the next paragraph if you don't like reading scientific/medical/microbiology crap....)

Digestive problems
Fructose absorption occurs via the GLUT-5[37] (fructose only) transporter, and the GLUT2 transporter, for which it competes with glucose and galactose. A deficiency of GLUT 5 may result in excess fructose carried into the lower intestine.[citation needed]gut flora, which produce gas. It may also cause water retention in the intestine. These effects may lead to bloating, excessive flatulence, loose stools, and even diarrhea depending on the amounts eaten and other factors. For some people, fructose malabsorption may be a major health concern.


ARGG!  I made the mistake of going on about this to a coworker that I don't really like but who entered the "Nina-Zone"...  she pissed me off even more by spouting off that she doesn't care about other people who get mislead by those commercials b/c they don't take the time to do their own research.  SERIOUSLY!  you don't care about people who either don't know how to research on issues, or haven't been educated enough to know to do their own research, or get bogged-down on the scientific jargon embedded in the research process and thus believe the lies the corn farmers of america put on TV so they can stuff their wallets?  This is one of the reasons I don't like her...NOOOO compassion.  WTF are you doing in healthcare?  Seriously...

Next:
I really love Red Dwarf.  REALLY.  It cracks me up everytime.  if you have never watched it, here is a sample




man, that kills me

later all!  Nubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...